Have you heard about this yet? Google’s Business View? We stumbled upon it a couple months ago, and were intrigued.
“In short Google Maps Business View populates nearly every search destination and it is undeniable that it enriches the content displayed when the results are shown.” via
What is it?
This feature is an opportunity to get into business and take a view inside of it as if you were walking, in a Street View way, thanks to navigation arrows. Restaurants, hotels, shops and many other businesses have already invited digital “pedestrians” to take a deep look into its buildings. It doesn’t matter if they are five stars hotels or just the donut shop around the corner, everybody has its opportunity to show you right in the comfort of your house why you should visit them and spend some money.
Why should I get a Google Business View shoot done?
- Potential customers, clients, or patients want to know what your place looks like. If it’s a nice environment, it can be a selling point.
- The “See inside” view is front-and-center when you view the Google Places page on a smartphone. (It’s even more prominent than it is on desktop.)
- Supplying a virtual tour sets you apart from your competitors and provides an experience that’s informative and entertaining.
- You get professionally-taken still photos of your shop or business (that’s always a bonus).
- You can send potential customers “a link to a specific location within the virtual tour, in order to show a specific product or display within email communications.” (Greg T’Kint)
- The photo shoot may encourage more people to click through to your Places page or website. It shows up in your knowledge graph and in the Maps tab.
- With a virtual tour your customer knows what to expect before they visit and is less likely to have disappoint or to feel misled. Positive reviews come form customers who feel like their expectations were met or exceeded.
- It has the potential to help with SEO, and other search engine rankings, but overall, it’s a great way to build credibility and trust for your business through a visual means.
Pretty sweet stuff, if you ask me.
If this sounds interesting to you, give us a call. We have a fantastic photographer on hand who can hook you up with a great Google Business View virtual tour.