Once again there are reports of the scam that went around some time ago where you are innocently (at least we presume you are) browsing the Internet when a pop-up window reports that your ISP HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC. It even gives a helpful, though completely bogus, error #268D3. If you call the number (PLEASE DON’T) you will be asked to provide credit card information so they can fix your PC. All of this is, of course, a scam to rob you of your money and your credit card information.
Google has started a pilot program that involves sending electronic beacons to businesses with physical (aka, “brick and mortar”) locations to make their venues more visible to customers with mobile devices.
What’s a Beacon you ask?
Beacons are small electronic transmitters that send one-way signals that are read by customers’ phones. This location information can be used to access a broad range of services on mobile devices.
“Shotmaking and creativity must be taken to a higher zone at Augusta National, and no matter which way a player curves the ball, he needs to spin it in his head first.” Tom Spousta, via
Creativity and golf might seem like an unlikely pair, but it turns out they are more highly linked than people think.
Raising a healthy, well-adjusted website is not easy even for the best of parents. Sometimes it’s difficult to see the problems our beloved websites are having, but then we overhear our friends talking about them with concerned faces, furrowed brows, muffled voices, and yes, even stifled laughter. So, in an effort to help you understand your website better and hopefully overcome some of its proble… I mean issues… no, I mean CHALLENGES… here are a few behaviors you may want to look for.
We all know New Year’s resolutions are easy to make, but sometimes they are even easier to break. How can you make this year better than last year? If you’re like me, you probably are excited to see what 2014 has to bring. I’m ready for a slower paced year. In the last eighteen months, I got engaged, married, had a baby, AND bought a house. So, I’m ready to tackle anything 2014 throws my way! Continue reading
Powerserve is proud to support the 65 Roses Team — Charity Affiliate of the 2013 Augusta Half Marathon & 10k. Continue reading
Everyday we are engaging in conversations with clients regarding their website’s usability on mobile devices. This should come as no surprise, as recent data shows that mobile website traffic has increased 192.5% since 2010 and mobile internet usage is projected to overtake desktop internet usage by 2014. Continue reading
Choosing a domain name is a critical step in establishing your web presence. Knowing what to look for when buying domain names will help you choose the right domain(s) for your business or organization. Remember these helpful hints when purchasing your domain.
When we are asked to design a logo for a new business or update an existing business’s logo, customers often want to see numerous logo choices. The truth is, designing an excessive number of logos results in a lesser quality product. Think of it this way: you could buy six pairs of really cheap pants that don’t make it more than a few times through the wash or you could spend a little more on one really nice pair of pants that lasts for years. When it comes to logo design it needs to last. Continue reading
Recent WordPress Theme Releases
A couple of our designers have recently released some themes for WordPress, an open-source blogging platform.
- Effercio Blue – A two-column theme for WordPress. Support WordPress tags, dynamic sidebar and widgets, and includes custom link and archive page styles. Future plans for this theme include adding additional color variations. (Demo)
- fu Punk – A punk rock, bad attitude WordPress theme. The primary colors are red and gray with some white mixed in for good measure. The template uses a right sidebar to display your feed, categories, pages, and links. The layout incorporates numerous odd curves and shapes that give the template a weird yet organized feel. fu Punk screams defiance and has attitude to spare.
- Grape Mint – A clean two column theme with a right sidebar. The primary colors used are Purple and Green.The sidebar displays the search bar, index of pages and has a separate area for post categories.
- Gray Day – A two column theme with a right sidebar. The primary colors utilized are Gray and Blue. The top area is prepared for you to show off a few social sites and is prepared for you to use the WP Audioscrobbler plugin for last.fm stats.
- Push Pin – A clean and classy WordPress Theme. It has a right sidebar with a top header bar. The green header bar contains your site’s name, your page links, plus an email link. The splash image area contains your website slogan. The primary colors are green and blue with green representing the links and blue representing the headers.
Work is underway on several additional themes as well. As they become available, we’ll announce them here on the site.