Everyday we are engaging in conversations with clients regarding their website’s usability on mobile devices. This should come as no surprise, as recent data shows that mobile website traffic has increased 192.5% since 2010 and mobile internet usage is projected to overtake desktop internet usage by 2014. Continue reading
If you’re waiting for Santa to bring your business a mobile web presence you’re going to miss out on a significant number of holiday sales that will be transacted on mobile devices. Black Friday sales were up 26% this year over last and mobile shoppers represented 17% of those sales. Is there any reason to think that trend won’t continue through the holiday season and into the new year? We don’t think so, either.
Take a look at a few more interesting statistics while you snack on your milk and cookies:
- 10.8 – The percentage of people who used a mobile device to access a retailer’s site on Cyber Monday (up from 3.9% last year).
- 43 – The percentage of mobile users who have downloaded a retail app to make their shopping easier.
- 52 – The percentage of mobile users who will use their smartphone to research products, redeem coupons, and make purchases.
- 65 – The percentage of mobile users who said they used their mobile device to FIND A STORE so they could make an in-store purchase.
- 80 – The percentage of mobile users who immediately QUIT SHOPPING because of a poorly working mobile site.
- 100 – The percentage of mobiles sales you’re going to miss if you don’t have a web presence at all.